Complimentary Session info

FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE VISIT heatheroneillcoaching.com

Friday, August 24, 2012

Make Your Good Mood a Habit

As I was waking up this morning I began my usual (as in 98% of the time usual) morning ritual. I start listing in my head all the things I am grateful for. I have blogged about them before but you can't count your blessings enough. I am so grateful for my beautiful son, his health, my health and that of my family and friends. I am grateful for all of the companionship I have and for my home and my food and for God's amazing blessings. I don't have a lot of money or work right now, pretty scary stuff if you let the fear take hold, but I am grateful that I have learned to not let fear be the leader! (OK so that is probably like 80% of the time!) :)
And this wonderful, peaceful, happy feeling came over me. It was the same feeling I get sometimes when I meditate, and that I got randomly in the car yesterday when I was driving and thinking about how much I love the age that my son is and how beautiful a day it was and how much I love summer and again just how blessed I am.
I recall occasionally reading various Facebook status's about how blessed and happy people were because they had this or that and ugh the dreaded awful monster of envy would start to rear it's head. I would fight it but alas I am only human and so he appears sometimes. But really I am just as blessed. We all are. For the most simple or grand things we have. It is imperative though, that we call these things very often into the forefront of our thinking.
And as that peaceful, joyful feeling came over me I realized a most delicious thing, that I had created a HABIT of calling that feeling to me! That the more I feel it, the quicker and easier it is for me to feel that way. What a great way to start the day! (and live the day for that matter) I did not wake up immediately having that feeling, it took me a couple of minutes of meditative thinking (and PRAYER) to get there but the important thing is I did. And now I am feeling it and writing about it. A pretty good habit to have if you ask me!! Have a joyful and blessed day today my friends, today and every day!

2 comments:

  1. I usually count my blessings at night but maybe I'll try them first thing in the morning instead! Maybe I'll be less grumpy if I start off my day like that. You're inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I tend to wake up anxious often, thoughts flooded with everything I need to get done and what not and I find that if I start listing all that I am grateful for it calms me and definitely puts me in a very positive state of mind first thing!

    ReplyDelete