Complimentary Session info

FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE VISIT heatheroneillcoaching.com

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Consistency

This is a concept that I personally hold in pretty high regard and I just wanted to write about it a little bit. I believe consistency of action is a reflection of character. That's not to say the we can't change our minds or our opinions or the paths we travel in life, it's more a matter of staying true to who we are at our core. Of exploring that and then living it out. Of being clear on what we want and then traveling in that direction.
I have at times been is situations where I've heard people's arguments for things directly contradict a stance from a prior situation. That the argument simply fit whatever personal need that was being sought out at the time. To me that is lack of flexing our consistency muscle and leads directly into hypocrisy. I by no means want to sound preachy, and this is actually a post I would love some feedback on as to how people view consistency of behavior and how important they feel it is.
I find it difficult to interact with people who do not behave in a consistent manner because you never know what you are going to get. I feel that creates insecurity and ambiguity. Perhaps it goes hand in hand with having your word be your bond. One of my biggest personal ideals is to as much as humanly possible follow through on what I say I will do. When I leave this earth (and hell even while I am still here!) I want people to say "If Heather says she is going to do something than she will." If we don't have a consistent behavior system and a steady upholding to what we say we will do, what do we have? What character traits can we boast of?
I want to end with a quote from Anthony Robbins, whom I cannot wait to hear speak someday soon!
"In essence, if we want to direct our lives, we must take control of our consistent actions. It's not what we do once in awhile that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently."

No comments:

Post a Comment